PTA MEETING Today, November 25th @ 1:00
All New York City School Buildings are closed. Remote Learning will continue until further notice.
Dear P.S. 121 Community,
Due to the increase in Covid-19 cases all school buildings are closed until further notice. All teachers are resuming classes via remote learning. Please check your child's google classroom for any notifications. Classes will continue to start at 8:30 am unless instructed otherwise by your child's teacher.
If you need to contact the school please call our new remote phone numbers: (914) 810-4577 or (201) 564-0646.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we transition from the building to our homes.
Your P.S. 121 Staff
Below is a letter from the Chancellor:
Please use the link below to answer any questions you may have:
If you have any further questions and need to reach anyone at P.S. 121 please call one of our new remote phone numbers:
(914) 810-4577 or (201) 564-0646
PARENT TOWN HALL MEETING TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24TH @ 6 PM
School Food Information
- All families and students can continue to go to any school building between 9a.m. and noon on weekdays to pick up three free grab-and-go meals. No identification or registration is necessary. Halal and kosher meals are available at some sites, which are listed at https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/school-mealsschools.nyc.gov/freemeals.schools.nyc.gov/freemeals.
- From 3-5 p.m., New Yorkers of all ages can pick up free meals at 260 Community Meals sites across the city. For a list of sites, please visit https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/school-mealsschools.nyc.gov/freemeals.
Operoo New User Guide
THE FOLLOWING ARE DIRECTIONS FROM OPEROO. PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS BELOW TO SET UP YOUR COUNT:
- All parents should have received an email to their inbox providing them with their login credentials for Operoo. This will include their Operoo username and a temporary password.
- Clicking on the blue “Sign In” button in this email will bring the user to the Operoo sign-in page. They will be asked to sign in with the username and password that were provided in this email.
- Signing in for the first time will prompt the user to set up a new password, and to self select their preferred language for the site to display in.
- After setting this new password, the user will be logged into their account. This first time they fully log into the site, they will be prompted to confirm the contact information that is on file for them.
The email address will default to the one that is on record in the system. If updates are unnecessary, they can cancel out of this window, or if updates are being made, they can use the blue “Save” button to update the records in the system.
Updating Contact Information as a User
- When a parent user is logged into their Operoo account, they will access the My Account tab at the top right of the page.
- In the My Account tab, they will click on Change My Contact Details.
- The same pop up window they saw when they first logged into their accounts will appear allowing them to update the email address and phone number associated with them.
After the contact information has been updated, the user will click on the blue “Save” button.
Updating Default Site Language
For parents who would prefer the site to display in their home language, but did not set it during their initial login, they can follow the steps below.
- While logged into their Operoo accounts, they will click on the small globe icon located in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- They will be presented with a dropdown menu in the middle of the screen allowing them to select the language that they prefer the site be displayed in.
- Once they make their selection from the menu, they will click the blue “Save” button below the dropdown field.
Note: If the user would like to reset their default language to English, they can click on the globe icon again. There will be a new button present for them that says “Reset to English”.
Please click on the pdf file below to see the full instructions on how to participate in our school fundraiser.
Miss Chocolate.pdf or you can click on the image below to go directly to the Miss Chocolate fundraiser.
Click the link below to access the NYC DOE's portal for returning to school.